Simple Tips for Weight Loss Success
- Remember that one slip up won’t ruin your weight loss goals. If you overeat at a meal, start eating healthfully at your next meal. If you let one meal turn into two, then three, four, five, and so on, it will be much harder to get back on track. No one is perfect. Aim for consistency, not perfection.
- Aim for variety. This is a key to success. This will ensure you consume a variety of nutrients and it will also help you from getting stuck in diet boredom. Try new types of grains and vegetables. Experiment with spices.
- Keep your kitchen stocked with healthy foods. Cut up veggies over the weekend and leave them in the fridge in containers so you have an easy snack to grab when you’re hungry. Surrounding yourself with healthy foods makes it that much easier for you.
- Add exercise. No matter how busy you are, try to squeeze in some sort of exercise as many days of the week as possible. Even if you can only walk for 15 minutes during your lunch break, know that something is always better than nothing. These small changes can make a big difference and they’ll help to keep the healthy momentum going.
- Skip the crazy diets. Know that any fad diet may help you drop weight fast, but it won’t help you keep the weight off. And on top of that, they aren’t healthy. Aim to lose 1-2 pounds a week. Remember, anything worth having is worth working and waiting for.
For an eating plan to guide you in your efforts to lose weight and get you looking and feeling great check out The Nutrition Twins’ Veggie Cure!
And for easy, effective exercises to go along with your plan, you may want to check out: