Need a new breakfast recipe to boost your energy so you can sail through your morning? This tofu frittata won’t weigh you down and it’s packed with antioxidant- rich ingredients that will help rid your body of the toxins that lead to exhaustion.
Fresh Herb Tofu Frittata
vegan, serves 2-3
- To Blend-
- 12 ounces silken tofu
- 1 tbsp soy creamer
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp tamari
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- a few dashes turmeric
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs, loose
- 1/4 cup fresh kale leaves
- 1/4 tsp truffle oil
Top it off-
- sprinkle of chia seeds
- extra whole herbs and kale
2-3 tsp vegan butter for saute pan
Garnish- NOTE: Don’t worry if you don’t have these ingredients, it’s still delish without garnish!
More fresh herbs
Extra virgin olive oil
Vegan Parmesan (optional)
- Add tofu and all other “blend” ingredients to blender – Blend on medium until smooth.
- Heat 2-3 tsp vegan butter in a small saute pan. Wait until it starts to sizzle and get hot.
- Pour tofu mixture over top vegan butter – slowly. It should sizzle a bit. Pour until the mixture covers the pan and is about 1/2 inch deep. Top poured mixture with the topping ingredients (a few more pinches fresh herbs, kale, and chia seeds)
- Cook on med-high heat for about 3 minutes. Then cover pan with lid and reduce heat to medium. Allow to cook covered for about 7 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook for one more minute just to dry out a bit – release moisture. Turn off heat and let frittata stand for five minutes in pan.
- Even after letting the frittata settle it will be very delicate. You will need to slice with much delicacy and use a wide spatula to transfer to cool plate. As the frittata cools it will bind up significantly. So you do have to option of serving the frittata chilled if you want a firmed up texture.
- Sprinkle garnish over top and a swirl of harissa paste for the perfect spicy touch!
Do you have a favorite frittata recipe? Which ingredients do you use?