Do you typically feel heavy, bloated and exhausted after eating a burger? Well kiss those feelings goodbye and try this delicious grilled pineapple turkey burger recipe! Using turkey breast is a great substitute for the traditional beef because it is a lot leaner and is higher in protein. You’ll avoid the sluggishness and guilty feelings that is left behind from fat-filled beef burgers.
Nothin’ like grilled pineapple to add a healthy, sweet delight! Um, yum!
Grilled Pineapple Turkey Burgers
20-oz package extra lean ground turkey breast (if your ground turkey doesn’t specify that it’s the breast than count on it being as high in fat as beef)
2 TB low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp thyme seasoning
4 pineapple slices, approx 1/2 inch thick
1/2 cup shredded carrot (we love red carrots for their vibrant color, as photographed here)
1/2 cup shredded beets
1. Preheat the grill to medium.
2. In a large bowl, combine turkey, soy sauce, bell pepper, black pepper, and thyme. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together carrots and beets.
4. Evenly distribute turkey mixture into 4 equal portions and form into patties.
5. Place patties and the pineapple slices on the grill.
6. After about 8 minutes, flip the burgers and the pineapple slices (the grill side of the turkey should be brown).
7. After another 3-4 minutes, remove pineapple slices and place one slice on top of each burger.
8. Keep on the grill for another 4-5 minutes and remove from grill. (Be sure meat is thoroughly cooked and not pink).
9. Place the burgers on a plate on top of a whole wheat bun.
10. Top with carrot/ beet mixture, evenly dividing between the burgers.
11. Serve with a salad or a side of steamed veggies. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information (per burger)
Calories: 185, Fat: 2g, Carbohydrates: 10g, Protein: 33g