Did someone say “peanut butter,” “chocolate chip” and “healthy” all in the same sentence? You betcha!
And guess what? These grain-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies actually boost your energy too! Aside from being packed with antioxidants from both the chickpeas and the chocolate chips, the chickpeas will rev your energy with their B vitamins and folic acid, which turns your food into energy. They also contain magnesium to stave off migraines (if you’re susceptible to them) and the exhaustion that comes with them. This chocolate chip cookie is a healthy energy boost in disguise!
Grain-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ¼ cups canned chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons natural peanut butter (regular peanut butter will make the cookies too oily)
- ¼ cup honey or agave
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- With wet hands, form into 1 ½ inch balls. The mixture will be very thick and sticky. Lightly press cookies onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, or onto a Silpat. Bake for about 10 minutes.
Makes 20 cookies
Nutrition Facts Per Cookie: Calories 103 Total Fat 6g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 3mg Total Carbohydrate 11g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 7g Protein 3g Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 2% Iron 3%
Recipe and photo credit: http://www.texanerin.com/2012/04/grain-free-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip.html