We all need a little excitement in our lives, so how about bringing some to your Thursday lunch or dinner?!
Hello, zucchini! Putting aside zucchini’s delicious, crunchy flavor, it is low in calories. A whole cup of zucchini only contains 35 calories. Plus, it’s rich in vitamins A and C which serve as powerful antioxidants AND anti-inflammatory agents, helping to prevent flus and colds and other diseases that exhaust you. Zucchini’s fiber helps lower your cholesterol.
Pair these yummy Oven-Baked Zucchini Chips with a grilled chicken sandwich or any lunch or dinner entrée!
Oven Baked Zucchini Chips
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
(makes 5 servings)
- ¼ cup dry whole wheat breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (you could also use skim milk)
- 2½ cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl stirring with a whisk.
- Place milk in a shallow bowl and dip zucchini slices in the milk, then dredge them in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place coated slices on an oven proof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until brown and crisp.
Calories: 60; Fat: 1.9g; Carbohydrates: 7.4g; Fiber: 1.8g; Protein: 3.4g
Adapted from healthdiaries.com and nutritionistinthekitchen.com