Sweet BBQ Chick Pea Bursts
If you’re looking for a snack that’s sweet, savory, crunchy and satisfying, look no further! These Sweet BBQ Chickpea Bursts are protein and fiber packed and just 134 calories per serving!
Sweet BBQ Chick Pea Bursts!
• 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained
• non-stick cooking spay
Homemade BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
- 4 ounce can tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1 T. tomato paste, no salt added
- 3 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T. Lite Maple Syrup
- 1 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 t. 100% Pure Pineapple Juice
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Make sure drained chickpeas are dried completely. You can use a paper towel if they aren’t dry.
3. Lay chickpeas flat, without being piled on each other, on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Roast for roughly 45 minutes. Depending on your oven, this time may be a little longer. Check your peas about every ten minutes and shake the pan to shift them to cook evenly.
5. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the ingredients for your homemade BBQ sauce on low heat until the mixture has become a sauce-like consistency.
6. When your peas are finished, they’ll be light golden brown and crunchy. When you take them out of the oven, immediately pour your homemade BBQ sauce on them and shift the pan to coat the chickpeas.
7. Once every chickpea is generously coated in BBQ sauce, place the pan back in the oven on broil.
8. Allow the coated chickpeas to broil for about 25 minutes. Be sure to shift them every 5-10 minutes so they do not burn.
7. When the chickpeas are crispy enough to your liking, remove the pan from the oven and allow them to cool. After chickpeas have cooled, eat them—or pack them for on the go!
BBQ Chick Pea Bursts:
Nutrition Facts: Serves: 4, Serving Size: 1/2 cup; Calories Per Serving: 134; Total Fat: 1g; Protein: 7g; Carbohydrate: 28g; Fiber: 8g; Sugar: 5g; Sodium: 264mg
For a 10-day Weight Loss Jumpstart and Detox Plan and more delicious healthy recipes like this, please check out The Nutrition Twins’ Veggie Cure!
To Check out the Sizzle Reel for our Pilot Show, please click here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG7GeClZGAw&feature=youtu.be If you like the video, please click “LIKE” on the video
If you like this recipe you may also like:
Hi, We're The Nutrition Twins, registered dietitians & personal trainers. Our passion for making healthy living tempting & fun began long before we started our nutrition education and our days of writing books and making media appearances. We grew up in a household where our parents thought it was important to live a healthy lifestyle. Both of our parents were basically hippies – minus the... MEET THE TWINS >