By now you know, we’re fans of eggs and their protein. In fact, we’ve noticed that our weight loss clients who included eggs in at breakfast or have one for a snack feel a lot less hungry and do really well with their weight loss goals. In honor of that weight loss, we bring you…
DEE- licious Deviled Eggs
Have one of these puppies for a tasty, satisfying snack.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard or regular mustard
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Sprinkle of Paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or sugar substitute like stevia)
- Place the eggs in a pot with water to cover them and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once they are boiling, reduce heat to medium and cover. Allow them to cook for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Remove eggs from the stove. Dump them in a colander and rinse them with some cold water and let them rest to cool.
- Once cooled, peel eggs and cut them lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and put them in a bowl. Set aside the whites on a plate.
- Add the yogurt, mustard, pepper, salt, paprika and sugar in the bowl with the yolks and mash together until smooth.
- Using a spoon fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture. Garnish with paprika
Makes 6 servings
Nutrition Facts: Per Serving : 88 calories, 5g fat, 2g carb, 7g protein