If you adore peanut butter as much as we do, you’ll be happy to know that there’s an entire month dedicated to our love! And rightfully so! After all, who doesn’t fancy dipping apples or celery in peanut butter for a delicious boost of protein and nutrients?
In honor of National Peanut Butter Lover’s Month, we bring you this easy, healthy and delish peanut butter recipe that everyone in your family is sure to love – Banana Peanut Butter Bread! Um, Yum! 😉
And if you want a lil’ more PB in your life, we love these easy cookies —Microwave Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies and these Microwave Pineapple and White Chocolate Chip Cookie!
Banana Peanut Butter Bread
Serves: 16 servings, 1 slice each
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons light butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar or regular white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. On medium speed, beat with a mixer until thoroughly mixed. Add both sugars until well blended.
- Combine flour and remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to banana mixture. Beat until blended.
- Spray 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and pour batter in. Bake at 350° for slightly over an hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Cool on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan when completely cool and place back on wire rack.
- Combine all ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over bread and enjoy!
For an extra sweet treat, serve with spoonful of vanilla frozen yogurt!
How do you enjoy peanut butter with your favorite foods?
Nutrition Facts: 162 calories, 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 239 mg sodium, 28 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 16 g sugar, 4 g protein
If you like this recipe you may also like:
For more delicious, healthy comfort foods and a Get Healthy Guide, please check out our new book, The Nutrition Twins’ Veggie Cure!