Do you typically feel heavy, bloated and exhausted after eating a burger? Well kiss those feelings goodbye and try this delicious grilled pineapple turkey burger recipe! Using turkey breast is a great substitute for the traditional beef because it is a lot leaner and is higher in protein. You’ll avoid the sluggishness and guilty feelings that is left behind from fat-filled beef burgers.
Grilled Pineapple Turkey Burgers
20-oz package extra lean ground turkey breast (if your ground turkey doesn’t specify that it’s the breast than count on it being as high in fat as beef)
2 TB liquid aminos (such as Bragg)
¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
¼ cup red onion, chopped
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp thyme seasoning
4 pineapple slices, approx 1/2 inch thick
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high
2. Combine ground turkey, liquid aminos, pepper, onion, black pepper, and thyme in large bowl and mix thoroughly until all ingredients are well distributed
3. Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions and form into burger patties
4. Place the burgers and the pineapple slices on the grill. The pineapple will cook for the same amount of time as the burgers.
5. After about 8 minutes, flip the burgers and the pineapple slices (the underside should be colored brown)
6. After about 4 minutes, place one pineapple slice onto the top of each burger
7. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until burgers are cooked thoroughly and no longer pink in the center
8. Turn off the grill, carefully remove the burgers from the grill and onto a plate, and enjoy!
Per burger (makes 4 burgers)
Calories:185, Fat: 2g, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 33g
Adapted from muscleandfitnesshers.com