5 Healthy Summertime Meals with 5 Minutes Prep
De-lish Fish Dish (This makes one serving, just double, triple, etc for each additional serving)
- 6 oz. raw cod, bass, or favorite white fish
- 2 slices lemon
- 1 tsp. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Light
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 8 thin (or 6 thick) asparagus stalks, tough ends removed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine butter, parsley, garlic, and salt in a small bowl and mix. It will form a thick paste. Set aside.
- Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil in front of you. Line up the asparagus side by side in the center of the foil. Place the fish on top of the asparagus (as if the stalks are a boat for it).
- Spread the garlicky butter paste evenly over the fish, and top with lemon slices. Fold and seal the top and bottom edges of the foil, and then the side edges. Make sure you have a well-sealed packet.
- Place packet on a baking sheet. Cook in the oven until asparagus is tender and fish is cooked through for about 15 minutes.
- Allow packet to cool for a few minutes. Cut the foil to release steam before opening it entirely. Be careful since the steam will be hot.
MAKES 1 SERVING
Scrumptious Chicken, Fruit and Avocado Salad
- 3 cups pre-washed and bagged romaine lettuce or spinach
- 3 ounces Tyson’s Grilled & Ready Frozen and Refrigerated Chicken Strips
- 1 ounce Haas avocado (3 slices or 1/5 avocado)
- 1-2 Dole Fruit Bowls (use fruit juice to spread over salad to combine with olive oil for fruity vinaigrette
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Breakfast for Dinner
- 1 serving of your favorite Whole grain cereal (We like to eat cooled oatmeal in the summer)
- 1 serving of low-fat or nonfat milk, yogurt, cottage cheese or cheese
- 1 piece of fruit like a Florida grapefruit
Directions: Add milk to cereal and eat with a piece of fruit. Or for a different twist, mix cereal in yogurt or in cottage cheese. Yep, it’s that easy!
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a bowl! Couldn’t be easier!
Pizza in a Pinch (Pita Pizza)
- Whole wheat pita bread
- ½ cup low-sodium, low fat tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped broccoli
- ½ cup low-fat cheese
- Other favorite vegetables (optional)
Directions: Slice pita bread along circumference to make 2 small circles (open face pizza). Spread ¼ cup tomato sauce on each circle. Spread mushrooms and broccoli evenly on both pitas. Top with cheese. Bake in the toaster oven until cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Busy Burrito (can be open-face or rolled into burrito shape)
- 1, 6” or 8” whole wheat tortilla (ideally 130 calories or less)
- 1/3 cup beans (kidney, black bean or favorite bean)
- ½ cup cut romaine lettuce
- ½ cup diced tomato
- ¼ cup corn
- ¼ cup low fat cheese
- salsa (optional)
Directions: Lay tortilla flat on plate. For an open-faced burrito, combine all ingredients and place on top of the tortilla. Bake until warm and cheese is melted. If you want a true burrito, after mixing all ingredients, place them in the center of the tortilla and roll the tortilla around ingredients, tucking sides in. Bake until warm and cheese has melted.