Cookin’ Good: Welcome to our Garden of Eatin’!
We were excited when research last year revealed that 90% of Americans confessed they knew they were veggie-deficient – and needed to up their veggie intake. Plus 90% also admitted they wanted to get more in their lives. We had a two word response: Woot! Woot! We’re also in love with the new plate graphic that’s been unveiled to help people live their highest potential veggie lives – with half the plate being fruits and vegetables! Now we want to help everyone get Cookin’ Good! – with lots of our delicious ‘n easy veggie-starring and veggie-co-starring recipes. (Psssst…plus we serve up a few other healthy ones in between!)
You can check out a range of recipes to cook up at home on your range – in all of our (happily) highly popular books:
Veggie Cure :
Expert Advice and Tantalizing Recipes for Health, Energy and Beauty
How Salt Makes You Fat and the 4-Week Plan to Drop A Size & Get Healthier with Simple Low Sodium Swaps
We’re also super excited to introduce a new Cookin’ Good! Recipe App – coming soon!
Also coming soon! A free 10-Days of Recipes and Shopping List – as a downloadable grocery list!
Basically, we offer an infinite range of recipes in a wide range of places. So many choices, so many opportunities to eat deliciously and nutritiously – both in the same exact mouthful! We wanted to help you get started by turning this page on our website right here into a go-to resource center for you – so you can get cookin’ good right away!
With this in mind, here’s some top Cookin’ Good! recommendations to get you started–helpful swaps/ info to Keep it Healthy in the Kitchen . . .
Breakfast Recipe Faves
- Deviled Eggs (88 calories!):
- Mini Whole Wheat Pancakes (104 calories/serving)
- Whole Grain Crepes
- Pumpkin ‘n’ Apple-y Yogurt Parfait (204 calories)
Weight Loss/ Detox Smoothies
- Slimming Strawberry & Mint Detox Spritzer (Just 8 refreshing calories!)
- Coco Strawberry Slushie (106 calories)
- Lemon-Lime Detox Spritzer (6 calories)
- Skinny Strawberry Sunrise Smoothie (169 calories–photo on the right)
Festively Light Cocktails
The Nutrition Twins’ Favorite Cookin’ Good!
Fun Pantry Staples and Recipes
Skinny Recipes with Coconut Palm Sugar
- Apple Bran Muffin Recipe—scrumptious 168 calories!
- Skinny Ginger Cookies (40 calories)
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (110 calories)
- Zucchini-licious Banana Bread (138 calories)
- Pumpkin Spice Latte (132 Calories)
- Lightened-up Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp (151 calories)
- Fruit Tarts (115 calories)
Skinny recipe with Coconut Vinegar
Skinny recipes with Balsamic Vinegar
- Balsamic Grilled Eggplant (67 calories)
- Easy, Breezy Savory Butternut Squash (84 calories)
- Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Sliders (190 calories, 23 grams protein)
- Balsamic Strawberries (60 calories)
Skinny, Scrumptious recipes with Protein-rich Greek Yogurt
- Banana Peanut Butter Bread (162 calories)
- Fiber- Rich Pinto Grilled Cheese (310 calories)
- Banana Kiwi Smoothie (90 Calories)
- Double Chocolate Chip Pancakes (124 Calories)
- Loaded Baked Potato Skins (131 calories)
Satisfying Recipes with Quinoa
- Creamy Spinach & Black Bean Quinoa (201 calories)
- Spinach & Tomatoes with Chick Peas and Quinoa (149 calories)
- Quinoa, Egg White Quiche Bites (20 calories)
- Spinach and Quinoa Casserole