If you’re looking for a cool and refreshing, delish sweet treat, the timing couldn’t be any better because last Saturday was National Chocolate Ice Cream Day! While we all love ice cream, we realize it’s an indulgence and sometimes it’s hard to stick to just a serving and to keep the calories and fat in check. That’s why we’ve created Homemade Dark Chocolate Banana Ice Cream– so that you can indulge but without all of the fat and calories (or the guilt!) of the traditional deal!
If you’re not quite as in love with bananas, chocolate and almond butter as we are, give one of these yumsters a whirl!
Hello more tasty, healthy indulgences…
And if you feel the same way we do about chocolate, almond butter & bananas :), we can’t wait for you to give this a try and tell us what you think!
Dark Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
1 large ripe banana, frozen
2 large frozen strawberries
1 Tbsp. almond butter
1 teaspoon dark chocolate chips
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until mixtures is creamy and thoroughly mixed.
2. Enjoy or freeze for later!!
Nutrition Facts: 117 Calories, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 56 mg sodium, 15 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 11 g sugar, 5 g protein
For a 10-day Weight Loss Jumpstart and Detox Plan and more delicious healthy recipes like this and a GET HEALTHY Plan, please check out The Nutrition Twins’ Veggie Cure!
- 1 large ripe banana, frozen
- 2 large frozen strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 teaspoon dark chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until mixtures is creamy and thoroughly mixed.
- Enjoy or freeze for later!!