Tired after a long work day? Not in the mood to spend hours slaving over the stove to make dinner? We feel your pain!
Don’t get us wrong, we absolutely LOVE to cook, but sometimes we just don’t have the time! Over the years, we have discovered some very easy, quick, and healthy dinners that work perfectly after that tiring day in the office. Here’s some of our favorites:
- 1 pound of whole wheat pizza dough
- 1/2 cup of prepared pesto (No pesto? Tomato sauce works too! Your pizza will be green and red! 🙂 Plus, the red sauce means fewer calories and more cancer-fighting lycopene!)
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 5 ounces of chopped arugula, ground pepper for taste
- 1 cup of shredded non-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and coat pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Roll out dough, and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli until tender, stir in arugula, and season with pepper.
- Spread pesto on dough, put broccoli and arugula mixture on top, and top it with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes and enjoy!
The best part? The pizza makes 6 servings for under 300 calories per serving!