This Halloween feel good about handing out a healthier treat at your Halloween party instead of just store bought candy!
Try this quick and easy recipe for healthy popcorn balls you can have at your Halloween party, give out at your kid’s schools, or even hand out to the Trick or Treaters that know you. You won’t feel as guilty since they are made with fiber rich popcorn, and they will be sure to love the uniqueness of your treat!
Healthy Popcorn Balls
- 10 cups of Microwave Light Popcorn
- 1 cup of Honey
- 1 ½ cup of Molasses
- 1/3 cup of water
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
- 1 cup of Cranberries, Almond slices, and/or Sunflower seeds (You can combine all of these or just use your favorite dried fruit and nuts)
1. In a large bowl mix popcorn and dried fruits and/ or nuts together.
2. Make your syrup by combining the honey, molasses, water and 1 Tbsp of your butter in a saucepan and gradually heat until the syrup gets thick.
3. Pour the hot syrup over the popcorn mixture and mix until evenly coated.
4. Then butter your hands with the rest of the butter (otherwise the popcorn will stick to your hands) and use your hands to form balls with the mixture.
5. Let the balls cool, or place in refrigerator to become hard.
6. You can wrap them in a plastic wrap and tie with a ribbon for decoration.
This recipe makes 20 balls depending on how big you make them!
Nutrition Facts Amount per serving
Calories: 154.5 kcal
Carbohydrate 35.02 g Protein 1.04 g Total Fat 2.17 g Monounsaturated1.03 g Polyunsaturated0.42 g Saturated0.58 g Cholesterol 2.06 mg Dietary Fibre 1.08 g http://www.fitwatch.com/images/transparent.gif Vitamin A 24.69 IU Thiamin 0.03 mg Riboflavin 0.05 mg Niacin 0.49 mg Pantothenic acid 0.27 mg Vitamin B6 0.18 mg Folate 2.23 mcg Vitamin B12 0 mcg Vitamin C 0.09 mg Vitamin E 0.66 mg ATE http://www.fitwatch.com/images/transparent.gifMinerals Calcium 219.4 mg Iron 4.61 mg Magnesium 65.17 mg Phosphorus 34.24 mg Potassium 652.62 mg Sodium 22.25 mg Zinc 0.51 mg Copper 0.56 mg