Just seven more days ’til the BIG FEAST!
Here’s an amazing spin on a classic dessert. (don’t tell them it’s healthy, it tastes absolutely sinful).
CRAZY GOOD YET UNBELIEVABLY HEALTHY PUMPKIN PIE
INGREDIENTS (serves 8-10)
- 1½ cup graham flour
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 75g crushed pecans
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- ½ cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup egg whites (or 4 egg whites)
- ¼ cup low sugar maple syrup
- 2 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp each: allspice, ginger, freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground clove
- ½ tsp salt
Crumble (do NOT leave this out… it just adds so much to the pie)
- 30g crushed pecans
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp raisins, chopped
- 1 tbsp low sugar maple syrup
For the crust
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Add all the ingredients to food processor and process until well combined.
- Transfer to a removable bottom deep pie dish and press to the bottom and sides of the pan to form a crust.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Set aside
- Lower oven temperature to 350F
For the filling
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of your food processor and process until smooth and creamy, about one minute.
- Transfer to the reserved pie crust.
- Bake in 350F oven for 50-55 minutes, until filling is set.
- Turn off the oven and open the door slightly. Allow pie to cool for a couple of hours, then take it out of the oven and let it cool completely before to transfer to the refrigerator, where you will leave it to cool for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
For the crumble
- Preheat a small pan over medium high heat. Add the oats, pecans, salt and cinnamon and toast until fragrant and the oats start to turn brown.
- Add raisins and maple syrup. Stir until well combined.
- Set aside and allow to cool completely.
Sprinkle over pie.
Based on 10 servings
Calories: 250, Carbs: 30g, Protein: 10g, Fat: 9g
Without the crumble:
Calories 200, Carbs 25g, Protein 7g, Fat 6g