Nuts and seeds and oats, OH MY! This “Nutty Power Bar” is one of the best nut recipes we’ve ever come across. It’s perfect as a quick snack for you, your children, or anyone else. On a cold winter day, nothing is better than grabbing an easy, healthy and home- made power bar. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Nutty Power Bar
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbs golden flaxseeds
- 1cup unsweetened puffed cereal
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/3 cup golem raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together sugar, honey, vanilla, and almond butter and heat over a medium-low heat for 2-5 minutes, until the mixture starts boiling.
- Mix together dry ingredients (almonds, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, oats, puffed cereal, sesame seeds, apricots, and raisins) and pour the almond butter mixture over the dry mixture.
- Mix together until no dry spots remain and pour mixture into coated pan. Press the mixture down in the pan and cook for 25-35 minutes.
This makes 8 servings and each serving is less than 250 calories each. Enjoy!
Also, if you haven’t already don’t forget to sign up for our free e-newsletter. Just click the “Sign Up For Our Newsletter” button on the upper right corner of this page. It will include fun health and nutrition tips, tricks, facts, recipes, and client success stories with before and after pictures!