It’s pomegranate season! So it’s the perfect time to share some of the benefits of this wonderful fruit. You can drinkpmegranate juice or eat the seeds themselves. They’re high in vitamin C, potassium, antioxidants, fiber, and very low in calories. Enjoy some pomegranates today!
Never cooked with pomegranates? Here’s a recipe that we love, give it a try and let us know what you think!
- 1-1/2 spring of fresh mint, chopped
- 1-1/2 bunches of parsley, chopped
- 1-1/2 bunches of cilantro, chopped
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper, chopped
- 6 tbs lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ground white pepper to taste
Mix together all ingredients and season with pepper. Cover and put in the fridge for 2 hours before serving. It is as easy as that!
Makes 4 servings with each only being 120 calories!