If you’re looking for a healthy, easy and super delicious meal, our halibut recipe is just the dish for you…
If you’re looking for a new protein to add to your arsenal to keep you lean and satiated, halibut is just the thing. It’s a great source of quality lean protein–and each serving of our recipe has 40 grams of protein! Plus, halibut is rich in minerals like selenium, magnesium, phosphorous and potassium, as well as the B vitamins B12, niacin, and B6.
And perhaps one of the biggest benefits? The beneficial omega-3 essential fatty acids. Omega-3s are heart healthy and they help to keep our skin young, among other things–thank you omegas!
– 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
– 1 cup diced zucchini
– ½ cup minced onions
– 2 cups diced tomatoes
– 2 tbsp chopped, fresh basil leaves
– ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
– 4 halibut steaks (6oz each)
– ⅓ cups crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Spray a shallow baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir in zucchini, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Remove saucepan from heat and mix in tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange halibut steaks in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Spoon equal amounts of the zucchini mixture over each steak. Top with feta cheese.
- Bake 12- 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
Original Recipe found at allrecipes.com
Like all of our meals, we serve this with a large salad and a side of steamed veggies.
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition per serving:
|Total Fat||7.6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.6 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.7 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.7 g|