Boost your sex energy this Valentine’s Day! Show the people in your life how much you love them by doing something that’s healthy for them and that will make them feel good. This Valentine’s Day, show the people you love that you love them by skipping the boxes of candy and giving them gifts that are good for their health and that will energize them. Here are a few of our favorite non-candy gifts:
- Flowers. We know this isn’t the most original gift, but flowers are a great way to say “I Love You”. They add color and a beautiful scent to a room and can be used as a centerpiece all week (or, if you’re lucky, even for two weeks!) Flowers always can amp up energy—just by looking at them!
- Cook a romantic (and healthy!) meal for two. Nothing says “I Love You” like a beautiful homemade meal. Stay tuned for our Valentine’s Day Dinner Menu tomorrow (and we admit, it does contain a little bit of chocolate)! The healthy meal will keep you energized and ready to spend quality time with your significant other.
- Make a picture album or scrapbook. If you have the time and like doing arts and crafts, get creative and make a scrapbook with your favorite pictures, ticket stubs, vacation memories, you name it. If you don’t like cutting and pasting, there are many websites that let you use your own pictures and layout your own photo album. Many drug stores also have kiosks that allow you do to similar photo albums. Unless you use the drug store option, you probably won’t have time to finish this gift before Valentine’s Day, but put a “sneak peak” into the card. It will get your mate fired up and excited to spend time with you. Once you’ve finished the book, your significant other will realize it was worth the wait!
- Plan a day of relaxation. There’s nothing better to rejuvenate and prepare for the romantic night ahead! A day at home where you pamper your loved one or a day at the spa are both great gifts. If you go for the couples’ massage you’ll benefit too! This happens to be one of both of our favorite gifts! Ahhh, our bodies are feeling refreshed already…
- Book a weekend away! Get away from your daily routine by planning a weekend trip. It doesn’t need to be anywhere fancy – you can even book a hotel in your own town! Getting out of the house and planning a weekend of just “couple time” is always a real treat! You’ll come back feeling refreshed and ready to really celebrate with your partner!
- If you must give chocolate (we do support a little bit of chocolate consumption, in moderation of course!), go for dark chocolate covered fruit. This way you’ll get the taste of chocolate as well as the antioxidants from the dark chocolate and extra sweetness from the fruit, but not all of the extra unhealthy fats and calories that you’ll find in most Valentine’s Day chocolates. Plus, the fruit will give you just the boost you need to prepare for the night ahead!