Did you know that laughter is an important ingredient for a healthy lifestyle? Laughter not only boosts your mood, but it energizes you! Here’s a list of a few of the health benefits you’ll experience from laughing a little bit more everyday.
- Laughter relaxes the body. You can relieve tension and physical stress for up to 45 minutes after a good laugh. (We happen to be gigglers and we notice how great and energized we feel after a long giggle!)
- It gives your internal organs a workout. Laughing exercises the diaphragm, abs, shoulders, and even your heart
- It boosts your immune system. Laughing decreases stress hormones and increases antibodies and immune cells, making you more resistant to disease.
- When you laugh, your body releases endorphins – a feel good chemical – boosting your mood. When you’re in a good mood, you’re energized!
- You distract your mind from your normal thoughts when you laugh, and you get a peaceful break for a few minutes, relieving stress, pain and conflict.
- Laughing can lower you blood pressure.
- It helps you keep a positive, optimistic outlook when confronted with difficult situations. When you’re positive, you feel refreshed.
- Laughter helps protect your heart by improving blood flow and improving the function of blood vessels. It gives you more energy!
To reap these health benefits, find ways to laugh more each day. Watch a funny TV show, go see a comedian perform, surround yourself with funny people, anything you can think of to get a few more laughs in! Studies show that even fake laughter can have positive effects on your health. What to you do to laugh every day?