Do you remember Peg Bundy?
Her TV show, “Married with Children” debuted 25 years ago today. In order to have the energy to withstand a long and happy marriage (or relationship) you need energy-boosting meals. In honor of Peg Bundy, who wasn’t such a queen in the kitchen, this recipe is made just for her—and for you—for days when you need a healthy, energy-revving meal in a pinch!
Peg Bundy Pizza
- Whole wheat English muffin (1 muffin per person)
- ¼ cup low-fat shredded mozzarella (1/4 cup cheese per person)
- ½ cup low-sodium canned tomato sauce (1/2 cup per person)
- Peppers, mushrooms, your favorite veggies, ¼ cup chopped (1/4 cup per person)
- 1 cup frozen broccoli, at least (1 cup minimum per person)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice English muffin into two pieces.
- Spread tomato sauce on both sides of the muffin.
- Spread veggies on top of sauce.
- Top with cheese.
- Place in oven.
- Place broccoli in the microwave for about two minutes until broccoli is hot.
- Remove when cheese is bubbly.
The English muffin will rev your energy with its brain and muscle-fueling carbohydrates and the cheese will extend the energy boost of the English muffin with its lean and satiating protein. The veggies will give you fiber to further extend the energy boost of the English muffin, plus the veggies will fight fatigue with their powerful antioxidants!
What do you put on your pizza?