It’s Hump Day (it’s Wednesday!)!
Try this scrumptious and healthy Egg-muffin recipe to boost your brain energy so you can power through the rest of the week! To have energy and a healthy brain, your body relies on a diet that emphasizes fruits, vegetables, whole grains and fat-free or low-fat milk; includes lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs and nuts; and is low in saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, salt and added sugar.
These Egg Muffins are so easy to make ahead, freeze and reheat that, you can’t go wrong! Prep time is just 10 minutes.
Energy Boosting Egg Muffins
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim or 1% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon (tsp) salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup low-fat or fat free shredded Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended. Add cheese, zucchini, bell pepper and onion; mix well.
- Spoon evenly into 12 lightly sprayed muffin cups, about 1/4 cup each.
- Bake until just set, 20–22 minutes. Cool on rack 5 minutes. Remove from cups and serve warm. Makes 12 mini egg muffins.
Per Serving (2 mini muffins): 110 calories; 7 grams g fat; 296 mg sodium; 3 g carbohydrate; 12 g protein
What veggies do you like in your egg muffin?