What is full of color, super healthy, and a sure way to brighten your day? Your local farmers market! Whether you live in New York, LA, or anywhere else on the map, there are local farmers markets everywhere. Why not use them to help boost your energy? Farmers markets are a great way to not only support your local produce, but also spend a day outside while providing natural energy from the sun and fresh air!
Last week we found gorgeous local tomatoes and made a scrumptious and simple sandwich. Luckily it was filling or we would have eaten two each!
Here’s the Delish dealio:
- Sprouted whole wheat bread (or any whole grain bread if yours isn’t sprouted)
- 1-1/2 ounce of low-fat cheese (we used mozzarella but use your favorite low-fat cheese)
- A sprig or two—or 10 of fresh basil (for us, the more the merrier, LOVE basil!)
- Several slices of a juicy tomato
- A spritz of olive oil (optional)
- A sprinkle of oregano (optional)
- Take 1 or 2 slices of bread.
- Layer with a slice of cheese, several slices of tomato, lots of basil and a spritz of olive oil and a sprinkle of oregano (fresh or dried).
- Add the top piece of bread if you are using it.
- Find a way to get your feet back on the floor after biting in J
Do you go to your local farmers market? What kinds of fruits and veggies do you purchase most?