Give your family an energizing Sunday treat with this fabulous hummus recipe! This hummus not only tastes amazing, but is rich in manganese, omega 3 fatty acids, fiber and protein. It can be easily served with freshly chopped veggies for a snack or can go on a sandwich or wrap of your choice for lunch! It will keep you energized all afternoon long as its’ protein and healthy fat will extend the energy boost from the carbohydrates in the sandwich, wrap or in your veggies.
Creamy Tomato Garlic Hummus
- 1 cup white beans, cannellini
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
- 1/2 cup walnuts, raw
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 6 cloves roasted garlic (roast in the oven with oil until soft)
- 1-2 cloves raw garlic (optional)
- 3 Tbsp walnut oil
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed oil
- 1/3 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 3/4 tsp salt (optional)
- a few dashes fresh pepper
- a few dashes cayenne
- handful of fresh basil for “tomato basil” hummus (optional)
- Drain the excess liquid from the cans of beans. Use an olive oil spray on your garlic and roast it in the oven – about 20 minutes at 400 degrees should do it.
- Add all ingredients to your blender or food processor.
- Pulse and blend until creamy – thickness to your preferences.
- Do a taste test and adjust ingredients as desired.
Nutrition Info per serving: Calories: 192, Fat: 8.8g, Protein: 8.8g, Carbs: 21g, Fiber: 5.6g