Is the summer heat draining you? Try this refreshing smoothie to give your Tuesday a boost and help you push through the heat. Packed with strawberries, bananas, and plenty of acai to provide energy-revving carbohydrates and antioxidant-rich nutrients, this smoothie is as delicious as it is refreshing.
Strawberry Acai Smoothie Refresher
(If you’re vegan, this recipe works for you too!) serves 2
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 3/4 cup frozen organic strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen banana slices
- 1 small fresh banana (or 1/2 large)
- 1 frozen acai smoothie pack (or 1/2 cup acai juice + 1/4 cup ice)*
- 1 Tbsp maple or agave syrup
Optional: 1/2 cup coconut water ice cubes
Blend and serve.
*if you do not have acai, you can sub with frozen wild blueberries
Nutrition Info per serving:
Calories: 199, Fat: 5g, Carbs: 45g, Protein: 3g