We all know the importance of Vitamin C in our diets. It boosts our immune systems to keep us healthy, slows the aging of skin, helps counteract the effect of stress on our bodies, and aids in preventing strokes. And now studies show that just smelling citrus fruits such as lemons, oranges, and limes can stimulate alertness, giving an extra energy boost!
Here’s one of our favorite high Vitamin C recipes:
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Pinch of salt (to taste)
- 1 pound raw shrimp
- Combine the oil, cilantro, lime juice, zest, and salt in a bowl. Add shrimp. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill shrimp for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
We love to eat these cilantro-lime shrimp on top of a salad or with our yummy grape salsa (recipe here: https://nutritiontwins.com/blog/484-need-a-quick-energy-boost-grab-a-handful-of-grapes)