Easy Zucchini, Kale and Chard Chips
Love those crispy potato chips but don’t want all of that grease to bog you down and exhaust you? Give other veggies a try by baking your own healthy and crave-able zucchini, chard and kale chips!
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with silicon baking mats or parchment paper
- Slice your zucchini into thin slices
- Press slices between paper towels to remove excess moisture
- Arrange zucchini slices in single layers on baking sheets
- Brush slices with olive oil
- Sprinkle (just a little!) salt throughout the baking sheet (too much salt will cause the slices to shrink)
- Bake for 2+ hours until they start to brown and aren’t soggy and are crisp.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Makes 4 Servings Calories 66.9 Total Fat 6.8g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 40.1mg Potassium 113.9mg Total Carbohydrate 1.8g Dietary Fiber 0.6g Sugars 0.8g Protein 0.3g
Adapted from: http://www.tablefortwoblog.com/
Photo from: mysanfranciscokitchen.com
Easy Chard or Kale Chips
Cut up your chard leaves into 2-inch squares. Then, toss with a bit of olive oil, season with sea salt, or whatever you like, and bake in a 275º F oven for 40 minutes. Flip over halfway through baking, to ensure crispy chips.
Nutrition Facts: Makes 4 Servings Calories 39 Total Fat 3.4g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 40.1mg Potassium 240.5mg Total Carbohydrate 1.8g Dietary Fiber 0.9g Sugars 0.5g Protein 0.8g
Adapted from http://familyspice.com