Need an energy boost? Try these energy bites! The oatmeal will provide your brain and muscles with energy-revving fuel while the peanut butter and flaxseed will extend the energy boost and keep you on an even keel so you won’t crash.
We saw these little bites and we had to try them and fell in love with their flavor and how easy they are to make—and with how they give you a boost!
No-Bake Energy Bites
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into 1-inch balls. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week. Makes about 20-25, 1”, bites.
Some other fun substitutions for the chocolate chips (or an addition to them) could include:
- chopped dried fruit (apricots, dates, raisins, etc.)
- dried berries (cranberries, cherries, etc.)
- chopped almonds, pecans, walnuts, or sunflower seeds
- other chips (butterscotch, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, M&Ms, etc.)
- other grains (different kinds of oatmeal, rice cereal, etc.)
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Serving size: 1 bite Calories 137 Total Fat 9g Cholesterol 0mg Total Carbohydrate 12g Protein 3g