Looking for an easy energy-boosting veggie recipe that everyone will love? Try Zucchini Tots! These tots are baked, not fried, and they’re made with zucchini, not potatoes, so they’re light and delicious! They won’t weigh you down so they’ll keep your energy level high.
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray, set aside.
2. Grate zucchini and then place in a dish towel and squeeze out excess water, to ensure crispiness.
3. Combine egg, onion, cheese, bread crumbs, zucchini, salt and pepper in a bowl.
4. Fill each muffin cup and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the top is browned and set.
Yields 2 servings
Note: if you want to cut the calories further than you see below, use a little less parmesan, that’s what we do!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Serving Size 6 tots Calories 114 Total Fat 3g Cholesterol 11mg Sodium 321mg Total Carbohydrate 15g Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 3g Protein 7g Vitamin A 22% Vitamin C 9% Calcium 18% Iron 6%
Adapted from: http://curiouscountrycook.blogspot.com
Photo from: http://www.emilybites.com/2012/05/zucchini-tots.html