It’s time to add some color into your diet! We just found this AMAZING beet recipe, we love it! Try it and let us know what you think!
We actually use a lot less oil than this and a low fat goat cheese to save calories and it comes out delish!
– 1 bunch of beets with greens attached
– 16 1/2-inch-thick slices baguette, preferably whole-grain, cut on the diagonal
– 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
– 6 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar, or red-wine vinegar
– 2 tablespoons water
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 4 ounces creamy goat cheese
– 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Preheat your oven to 400°F. Trim greens from beets and place the beets in a baking pan. Cover it with foil and roast for about 45 minutes to 1.5 hours. Let cool and reduce heat to 350°F. Next, bake the baguettes (cut in half) for about 14 minutes, Turing them over once. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet and add in the leaves and stems (chopped and sliced) for 3 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, the garlic, greens, vinegar, and water and stir until no liquid remains, add the salt, and remove from heat. Using about ¾ of your beet mixture, place it in a food processor with the pepper and goat cheese; puree until smooth. Assembly your baguette sandwich and your ready!
Just a little purple to brighten your day, and give that boost of energy you need a cold Monday!