It’s time to … SPICE up your life! Its fall and we have been starting to crave some of those signature fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. With their distinct smells and flavors, who can pass them up? We can’t!
There are so many ways to add these spices into your foods:
- Sprinkle a ½ teaspoon of cinnamon on top of your oatmeal
- Add a pinch of nutmeg to cooked greens like kale or spinach
- Finely grated ginger gives sweet potatoes an extra kick
- A little cinnamon in your yogurt goes a long way!
- Instead of sugar, add nutmeg to your coffee
- Try this: mix together ginger, walnut oil, lime juice, and garlic for a delicious dressing or marinade!
These spices add loads of flavor without packing on the calories. Plus, they’re packed with antioxidants. Try using them instead sugar and salt for a delicious treat that tastes new and fresh. Of course, eating the same foods in new and different ways is a great way to stay energized in the kitchen!
How do you add spices in your diet?