Looking for an easy energy-boosting snack? A little cocoa will do most people just the trick! Try Cocoa Dusted Almonds! This amazing snack is packed with antioxidants from the almonds and cocoa. Plus, it’s chocolaty and sweet, yet won’t weigh you down. Just a little handful is all you need to bring your energy up and keep you going!
Cocoa Dusted Almonds
- 2 cups whole, raw almonds
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat agave nectar and salt over medium heat.
- Stir in the almonds and continue to stir until they are completely coated.
- Spread the coated almonds onto the baking sheet in one layer. Roast in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, stirring once or twice during the cooking time to prevent burning. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Put the cocoa in a Zip-lock bag or paper bag if you have one. Add the almonds and shake until they are completely coated.
Makes 16 snack-sized servings
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 79 Total Fat 6g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 6mg Total Carbohydrate 5g Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 3g Protein 3g Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 3% Iron 3%
Adapted from: http://happyhealthymama.com/
Image from: http://www.momskitchenhandbook.com