Kale is one of our favorite green leafy vegetables. In fact, it’s official–Lyssie’s pretty much obsessed.
Lyssie admits that she originally tried it because she knew thatkale can provide you with some special benefits:
It lowers cholesterol. The fiber in kale does this trick! And guess what? Steam away! Steaming these greens can improve these benefits.
Kale’s fights at least five different types of cancer—bladder, breast, colon, ovary, and prostate, thanks to the fact that it contains cancer-fighting compounds called isothiocyanates (ITCs) . And there are 45 different flavonoids in kale, whoa!
Despite all of these health benefits, the truth is Lyssie also loves kale for it’s taste! You’ve gotta try these…
Yummy Kale Chips!
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces.
- Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner.
- Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 58 | Total Fat: 2.8g | Cholesterol: 0mg
courtesy of nutrition intern: Rachel Harvest 🙂
Have you made kale chips?