Do you love bread and crackers, but hate the way they zap your energy? Then try this chickpea flatbread! It’s simple and light, with energy-boosting complex carbohydrates and unlike most breads, it’s also got protein that will keep you satisfied and make that energy boost last even longer!
Give this a whirl and let us know what you think!
- 2 ½ cups chick-pea flour
- 3 ½ cups cold water
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the flour and add the water gradually, while whisking, to keep any lumps from forming. Mix until smooth.
- Add the salt, olive oil and whisk until smooth. Let mixture stand at room temp for about 3 hours.
- After the 3 hours, heat oven to 350 degrees. Gently skim off the top layer of batter that may form with a slotted spoon.
- Spray olive oil on a large rimmed cookie sheet and pour in the batter, making about a ¼ inch layer.
- Carefully place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, until golden. Allow to cool slightly, then cut and serve.
Makes Approx. 12 Servings
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 79 Total Fat 2g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 15mg Total Carbohydrate 11g Protein 4g Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 1% Iron 5%
Gorgeous photo and recipe source: http://inpursuitofmore.com/