If you’re like us, you love pizza and are always looking for new and healthy ways to get one of America’s (and Italy’s) all-time favorite foods. Not only is this unique twist scrumptious, heavenly and divine, but you can count on it to keep your ENERGY levels revved thanks to its wholesome, fiber-filled, energy-revving carbs and satiating lean protein to keep that boost with you longer! Try our recipe for beet and ricotta cheese pizza!
Beet and Ricotta Cheese Pizza:
- 1 piece whole wheat naan bread (about 130 grams)
- 1 medium beet, roasted, peeled, and cubed
- 1 shallot, diced
- ¼ cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Spread ricotta cheese onto the naan bread. Top with beets and shallot.
- Put in the oven to warm, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with spinach leaves. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!
*Makes 2 servings
*If you don’t love naan, use any type of bread or pizza dough you like.
*Sometimes we also add ¼ cup toasted pine nuts at the end with the spinach and the balsamic vinegar.