Mother’s Day is just around the corner! And nothing says “I love you” like a yummy, healthy meal. Do you have your breakfast in bed recipe ready to go? Whether you’re a mom looking for some recipe ideas to suggest or someone celebrating a mom in your life and need the perfect breakfast surprise, we have the perfect suggestion for you! Check out our breakfast in bed Mother’s Day edition!
- 1/2 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red pepper, cut into squares
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice Whole Wheat Bread, toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Turn on the broiler to get very hot.
- On the stovetop, in an oven-proof pan, saute chickpeas, onion, paprika, thyme, and oregano in olive oil over high medium-high heat.
- Once the onions are translucent, add peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for about 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat sprinkle goat cheese over top.
- Place under the broiler and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Crack the two eggs over the top. Return to the oven and cook for about 5 more minutes, until the eggs are cooked but the yolks are still runny.
- Top with basil leaves. Serve with toast.
Serve this Breakfast Skillet with a delicious fruit salad and a side of these Zucchini Tots (https://nutritiontwins.com/blog/544-zucchini-tots#.UYPo1Csjqz4) for the perfect Mother’s Day meal!
Image reposted with permission from http://www.feastingathome.com/ and http://healthyaperture.com/