Eating healthy can be hard, especially when you have kids. Kids like foods that taste good, not foods that have lots of nutrients and are good for their health, so it’s particularly important to make healthy foods that taste good too! We’ve noticed with Tammy’s girls that snack time is the hardest as they see their friends with all of the unhealthy prepackaged convenience snacks available these days and want them too. But luckily we’ve discovered some easy and tasty recipes they love! One of their favorites is Crispy Peanut Butter Bananas. It’s great because it’s easy enough for kids to make so they can be involved in the cooking too! Here’s what you’ll need and how to make it:
- 1 Banana
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown rice crispy rice cereal
- Cut bananas into thirds.
- Slightly melt peanut butter in the microwave. You want it liquidy enough to roll a banana in it, but not so liquidy that it won’t stick!
- Pour rice cereal into a bowl.
- Roll the banana in the peanut butter and then in the rice cereal.
Makes 2 servings: 110 calories/ serving
Do you have easy, healthy, yummy snacks that your kids love?