Yes, you better believe we’re twin sister, veggie loving, registered dietitians and personal trainers who just happen to have a killer sweet tooth that we work hard to keep in check! This always makes our clients smile with relief to hear as they just assume that since we love veggies that we just must love all healthy food and never be tempted by anything that is even remotely indulgent. Poppycock! If only! Yes, we definitely know what its like for it to be 9pm and to be craving something sweet, (why do you think we came up with our Skinny Oreo Balls , our Strawberry Mint Ice Cream and our 5-Minute Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies? 🙂 ) even when you’ve eaten so healthfully all day… you just don’t want to blow it now. After all, you just need an hour and a half more of strong willpower… but you know exactly where those cookies are in the pantry (for us it’s chocolate– and anything chocolate– chocolate pretzels, chocolate covered raisins, that chocfro yo in the freezer– if it has chocolate we’re game!–OK–and any frozen desserts, too! 🙂 ). Just one cookie won’t hurt, right? Read on if you know well enough you won’t stop at just one cookie.
Here’s your solution! These Banana Puree Popsicles! They take time to eat, they’re cool and refreshing and waist-line friendly! And only 20 calories each! So even if you have two, you’re still satisfying your sweet tooth for less than 50 calories! And we love it when that indulgence is healthy and won’t hurt your waistline. If you’re the same way, you’re going to love our Banana Puree Popsicles!
Banana Puree Popsicles
Makes 6 popsicles
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 tablespoon Greek Yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Puree banana, yogurt, and vanilla in a blender until the mixture is slightly sticky.
- Pour into popsicle molds* and put in the freezer to set (about 3 hours).
- Use to stay refreshed on a hot summer day!
- *If you don’t have popsicle molds, you can pour the puree into paper cups and stick a popsicle stick in the middle.
- Makes 6 popsicles. Each popsicle is only 20 calories!
- Do you ever make your own fruit popsicles?