Have you ever noticed that after doing ab exercises your stomach actually pouches out more? That’s because people often do exercises incorrectly and the muscle builds up under the fat and pouches out! Not with this exercise! Meet your new, flatter tummy maker—AKA THE PLANK!
THE PLANK—quite possibly the most effective ab exercise! No reason to fear the plank, it will make you stronger!
1. A plank can be done on the floor, but using a mat may be more comfortable.
2. Lay down on your belly.
3. Lift your upper body & support yourself with your forearms.
- Elbows should be bent at 90 degrees.
4. Lift your lower body by supporting yourself with your toes and forearms.
5. Your body should be straight like a board from head to toe—like a plank!
- Be careful not to curve your back up or down (don’t let your butt sag to the floor or bend up).
6. Engage your core (squeeze your abs tight).
7. Hold for 30 seconds.
- Try 1 minute if you’re feeling brave!
8. Repeat 3 times.
- Rest 30 seconds to 1 minute in-between.