We’re bringing sexy back with this complete upper back exercise! Added bonus–engage your core to work your abdominals at the same time!
1. Get in plank position on your elbows.
- See Plank blog bit.ly/19tLx6a for proper form.
2. Start with your right arm—completely straighten your arm, palm flat on the floor or mat.
- The right side of your body will slant up.
3. Do the same thing with your left arm.
- Completely straighten your arm, palm flat on the floor or mat.
- You will now be in a plank position on both of your hands rather than your elbows (just as you are when you start a push-up).
4. Return right arm to plank position on your elbow.
5. Return left arm to plank position on your elbow.
6. Then, repeat the exercise starting with your left arm.
7. And that’s one full rep!
- Complete 10 total reps alternating arms right then left!
*Modification: if you’d like a slightly less challenging option, bend your knees on the mat in a knee push-up position instead of plank position (still keeping elbows bent for starting).