Quick & Healthy Twice Baked Potato Recipe and
Chipotle Chayote Twice Baked Potatoes
Ready Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 45 min
- 2 teaspoons heart-healthy butter spread
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 (5 to 6-ounce) russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Melt spread in a medium skillet. Add onion and cook over medium heat in a skillet for 10 to 15 minutes or until soft and lightly browned.
- While onions are cooking, place potatoes in a medium microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Make a small slit to vent, then microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft when gently squeezed.
- Let cool slightly, then cut in half and carefully scoop out potato leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Mash potatoes, then stir in cooked onion, yogurt, garlic salt and pepper.
- Place potato skins on a baking sheet and fill with mashed potato mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
For Chipotle Chayote Twice Baked Potatoes Variation:
Cook 1/4 cup each: black beans, fresh or frozen corn and diced chayote or zucchini squash with onions. Stir into mashed potato mixture with 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese and 1/3 cup chipotle salsa and spoon into potato skins. Bake as directed above and top with avocado slices and chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.
Nutritional analysis per serving (two halves):
Calories: 250, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 530mg, Potassium: 898mg, Carbohydrates: 43g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 6g, Protein: 10g, Vitamin A: 10%, Vitamin C: 45%, Calcium: 20%, Iron: 10%