If you want to fight wrinkles, prevent disease and aging, then dive into this delicious salad! It’s packed with vitamin E (thanks to the avocado, almonds and olive oil!), a powerful antioxidant that fights the damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals damage the body and the skin and cause us to look aged. Adios, you pesky free radicals!
Avocado & Almond Spinach Salad
- 2 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 8 cups spinach, loosely chopped
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid. Shake well and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Combine tomatoes, spinach, avocado and almonds. Stir in the cheese.
- Toss salad mixture with dressing and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: 123 calories, 10 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 36 mg sodium, 6 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 3 g protein
How do you like to get your daily dose of Vitamin E? Almonds? Sunflower seeds?