Awww, come on now, did anyone not expect these two twin registered dietitian nutritionists and avocado & chocolate lovers to not eventually mix these two loves together to make a rich, creamy, scrumptious, yet healthy pudding?! 🙂 It was just too easy with them both always staring us down! 🙂
This number takes all of the less than healthy out of a creamy, comfort food– and it’s rich and chocolately! So if you crave chocolate but feel like you’ve been less than healthy after you have it, well then this is just the guilt-free treat for you to indulge in– healthy Chocolate Avocado Pudding! As you probably are aware, we love to create recipes that contain avocado (have you tried our Avocado and Olive Pasta or our Egg Cups with Creamy Avocado with Sun-dried Tomato or our Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Avocado Boats. Avocados are packed with more than 20 nutrients, good-for-you monounsaturated fats and is responsible for the oh-so-creamy texture, while the cocoa powder adds that rich and decadent chocolate sensation.
The oh-so-creamy texture in this pudding is from the avocado and the cocao powder adds that rich and decadent chocolate sensation—and together they create this super light, rich and fluffy mousse!
And while your taste buds bask in creamy wonderland, this Chocolate Avocado Pudding actually does quite a number of amazing things for your body!
Other than the 20 nutrients and healthy fats this mousse contains:
- magical skin nourishing ingredients–antioxidants like vitamin C, beta-carotene and Vitamin E from the avocado.
- Vitamin C keeps skin youthful and elastic by aiding in collagen formation
- Beta carotene helps give a healthy glow and hue while protecting skin from sun damage
- Antioxidants guard against premature aging by helping to prevent cell damage
- Powerful anti-inflammatory compounds give skin a smoother appearance
- Plus avocados are naturally rich in water, so they create moisture within your skin, plumping the cells and filling the crevices in your skin (and preventing a dry, flaky scalp and moisturizing hair too!)
- Avocado’s mono-unsaturated fat acts as an additional nourishing lotion for the skin.
- And from the cocao powder—the benefits!– cocoa flavanols support healthy circulation. This means that aside from promoting cardiovascular health, they improve the flow of oxygen and nutrients to all parts of the body, helping you to perform and feel your best while nourishing your skin, eyes, muscles and all parts of your body—and who doesn’t want a gorgeous complexion, energized muscles and a strong heart?! We certainly do!
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Nutritional information, per 1 serving
87 calories, 6.7 g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 10.5 mg sodium, 8.8 g carbohydrates, 3.2 g fiber, 1.7 g sugar, 1.5 g protein
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup cocao powder (or cocoa powder)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk, divided in half
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Slice and peel the avocado and put into fruit processor or blender.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave with a microwave safe bowl in 15 second intervals, adding splashes of water as needed to keep the consistency smooth
- In the blender, add the melted chocolate chips, cocao powder, half of the almond milk and vanilla extract to the avocado.
- Blend ingredients together until smooth, adding in more almond milk if needed.
- Pour the creamy rich mousse evenly into 6 mini muffin tins for you and your friends to enjoy now, or store in fridge for a cold but sweet treat later! Feel free to add some sliced strawberries or almonds on top!