I caught Lyssie red-handed. Yep, snoozing on the job! In her defense, the warm weather coupled with our late nights and early mornings working on several deadlines had her a tad sleep deprived. When I walked in to her apartment (I’m her twin– I don’t have to knock– I’ve got the key! 😉 ) to counsel one of our Skype clients, she was sitting at her desk, with her eyes closed peacefully, in the middle of a kitty nap.
Of course, being the good sis I am 😉 I sprung into action and revived her with a little bevvy we always recommend to our clients to wake them up and help them to feel alive! I tapped on her shoulder and she started sippin’ and I started singing Simple Minds‘ “Alive and Kicking”. Works like a charm every time! You’re welcome Lyssie!
Do you have a morning or afternoon energy slump that comes with the warmer weather? You’re not alone! Check out this instant energy booster! This hydrates and flushes the puff! 😉
- The combination of the ice cold drink helps to immediately wake you up with a refreshing cool burst while the fruit- infused ice cubes add a little zing and flavor to your water to help to keep you motivated and sipping more.
- If you’re not properly hydrated (and most of us aren’t, especially during the warmer weather), you will feel exhausted.
- Proper hydration is a huge key to feeling energetic. Our body relies on water to create energy, so skimp on it and you’ll feel lethargic.
Feeling a little bloated? Keep sipping!
- You’ll restore your normal hydration status, flush excess sodium and get rid of bloat!
- Water will help flush gastric irritants and waste out of the digestive tract, preventing constipation and bloat
- Potassium will help to counteract salt (and the puffiness that comes with it).
Although your body is equipped to detox and cleanse itself naturally, certain health-promoting foods and drinks, like the fruits and their nutrients in these cubes, assist the body in its process. These refreshing “detox” cubes packs in some nutrients that are especially helpful when you want to look and feel your best and quickly get your body feeling lighter.
- Lemon helps to promote the activity of a liver enzyme that converts harmful, toxic substances to less harsh chemicals (via the liver through a compound called d-limonene.).
- Lemon, lime and orange are packed with vitamin C, which is a potent antioxidant which mops up free radicals from environmental toxins, stress, alcohol, fatty foods and other toxins and helps to prevent them from damaging your body.
- Vitamin C also keeps the skin radiant and youthful by helping to boost levels of collagen, which helps to keep the skin elastic.
Psst… Looking for more healthy recipes? Please feel free to search this site! And here are a few to try:
Green Grape & Matcha Detox Drink
Microwave Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream.
Fruit-Infused Ice Cubes (anti-bloat/”detox”)
We absolutely adore these fruit infused ice cubes! They’re super fun, sparkly bursts of flavor and energy–and they couldn’t be any easier. Perfect for water bottles or just for simply adding to any drink, they boost energy, fight bloat and have nutrients that assist the body in it’s natural “detox” process.
Make 12 cubes (2 cubes per serving)
1/2 orange cut in 3 slices, or more (you will want to slice them thinly because more surface area will result in more flavor).
1/2 lime cut in 3 slices
1/2 lemon cut in 3 slices
Using 12 muffin tin, place a piece of fruit or 2 raspberries in each muffin holder and fill with water. Place in the freezer. After freezing, add to water and enjoy!
Nutrition Information per 2 ice cubes: 8 Calories
- ½ orange cut in 3 slices
- ½ lime cut in 3 slices
- ½ lemon cut in 3 slices
- 6 raspberries
- Using 12 muffin tin, place a piece of fruit or 2 raspberries in each muffin holder and fill with water. Place in the freezer. After freezing, add to water and enjoy!