We especially love the New Year! Why you ask? As registered dietitians and gals who love our veggies (and yes, our sweets too! 🙂 ), we find that our clients- and most of you- are working to get more veggies in your life and you come to us asking for help to make your goal a reality. Yahoo! This is like Christmas all over again for us, but in January! No need to ask these veggie-obsessed twins twice! 😉 We live for sharing easy, delicious ways to get more of ‘em! We witness the power of veggies on a daily basis–they help to get (and keep) waistlines trim while packing in nutrients and disease-fighting antioxidants, anti-inflammatories and fiber, keeping your digestive tract healthy and promoting a flat-belly by flushing out waste from the colon.
If you’re goal is weight-loss and a flat belly say hello to your secret weapon… veggies (oh yeah!). They fill you up with so few calories and crowd out more calorie-dense items, making weight loss much easier! And we’re always encouraging our clients to get as many as they can, at every meal. When it comes to getting or staying healthy and fighting diseases including cancer, heart disease and diabetes and helping your skin to look its’ best, veggies are a powerhouse (after all, that’s what compelled us to write our latest book, The Nutrition Twins’ Veggie Cure!—so that we could help everyone find easy solutions to get more veggies in their life!).
Our clients tell us that even when they’re working hard to eat veggies, one of their biggest struggles is finding time to wash and prep them when they’re tired or in a hurry or don’t have time or energy on a busy weeknight…
SCORE!! An awesome solution…
So when Mann’s reached out with us to work with them and spread the word about their new Veggie Slaw Blends, we jumped at the opportunity. We mean really, is there anything better than delicious, ready-to-go, crisp and crunchy nutrient-packed veggies blends that you can simply throw in a salad, burrito, wrap, or include in any meal you’re making? We don’t think so! 😉 As Mann’s says “We created the perfect veggie blends so that you don’t have to” and boy, they weren’t kidding! It’s so nice to have the veggie combos prepared and ready and Mann’s has several different blends! Honestly, we didn’t know which variety to start creating with since they all are so delicious, but we went for the Kale Beet Blend first – and that’s how we created this Sheet Pan Roasted Salmon with Kale and Golden Beets. We’re super excited to share it with you and can’t wait for you to make veggie your resolution a reality.
Brace yourself…This meal is about to be your new bestie. The sweet roasted Kale Beet Blend is addictive and knowing you can toss this all in one pan and have an insanely delicious, satisfying and filling meal in less than 15 minutes is awesome! You may want to make it every night. Don’t let us stop you! 🙂
One Pan Roasted Salmon & Kale Beet Slaw
This super fast and easy weeknight dinner is a bursting with flavor. Toss everything in a sheet pan and in less than 15 minutes, dinner is served! Enjoy it with a side (about ½ cup) of brown rice.
Makes 2 servings
1 8-oz bag Mann’s Kale Beet Blend
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
2 4-oz salmon filets
Juice of half a lemon
Dash of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with foil.
2. Spread the Kale Beet Blend onto the sheet pan and add the olive oil and garlic. Toss to coat, then spread into a single layer, clearing two holes for the salmon filets.
3. Place the salmon filets on the sheet pan and squeeze the lemon juice over them.
4. Sprinkle the whole pan with a dash of salt and pepper, then bake for 12 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through.
5. Serve with a side of brown rice.
Nutrition info per serving:
241 calories, 9.5 g fat, 1.4 g sat fat, 157.5 mg sodium, 12.5 g carbs, 5.4 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 26.3 g protein
Nutrition info per serving including ½ cup of brown rice:
305 calories, 11.5 g fat, 1.4 g sat fat, 157.5 mg sodium, 28 g carbs, 7.5 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 28.3 g protein
- 1 8-oz bag Mann’s Kale Beet Blend
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 2 4-oz salmon filets
- Juice of half a lemon
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Spread the Kale Beet Blend onto the sheet pan and add the olive oil and garlic. Toss to coat, then spread into a single layer, clearing two holes for the salmon filets.
- Place the salmon filets on the sheet pan and squeeze the lemon juice over them.
- Sprinkle the whole pan with a dash of salt and pepper, then bake for 12 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through.
- Serve with a side of brown rice.
- Nutrition info per serving:
- calories, 9.5 g fat, 1.4 g sat fat, 157.5 mg sodium, 12.5 g carbs, 5.4 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 26.3 g protein
- Nutrition info per serving including ½ cup of brown rice:
- calories, 11.5 g fat, 1.4 g sat fat, 157.5 mg sodium, 28 g carbs, 7.5 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 28.3 g protein