Toasted Coconut Macadamia Nut Granola with Pineapple and Greek Yogurt:
If you’re looking for a new, scrumptious meal that makes a great breakfast, lunch or snack, you will sure go “nutty” for this recipe! The sweetness of the caramelized pineapple combined with warmth of the cinnamon creates for a true mouthwatering masterpiece! We love making this for breakfast and even dessert too!
An added health bonus that comes with this delish meal? Pineapple contains bromelain, a complex mixture of substances that can be extracted from the stem and core fruit of the pineapple. Research suggests that it helps with digestion—oh yeah! And while more is being investigated, it seems certain that bromelain has a wide variety of health benefits including reducing excessive inflammation, which seems to be at the root of all chronic diseases, such as cancer, heart disease and diabetes. We get so excited when something tastes so good—and is so good for us too! J
Let’s give this bite a whirl!
Toasted Coconut Macadamia Nut Granola with Pineapple and Greek Yogurt
Oil (in a spray bottle)
1-1/2 T. Macadamia nuts, chopped
1 T. Unsweetened Shaved Coconut
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 c. Pineapple, cubed
6 oz. nonfat Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Place macadamia nuts, coconut, and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture onto a nonstick baking pan and place it in the oven for about 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the nut mixture is baking, heat a small frying pan and lightly spray it with oil from a spray bottle. Then, add the pineapple chunks to the pan, and allow them to simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until browned and caramelized. Once complete, remove the pan from the heat.
- Once the nut mixture has cooked and is complete, remove the pan from the oven and set it aside and allow to cool.
- Place Greek yogurt in a bowl, add the pineapple on top of yogurt, and then top it off with the nut mixture. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 257 Calories, 10g Fat, 5g Saturated Fat, 31g Carbohydrate, Protein 16g, 3g Fiber, 84mg Sodium, 10mg Cholesterol