It’s Holiday Time– and these treats are perfect for this time of year (or any time of year!)!
As most of you know by now, if we’re happy for someone or excited about something, we’re not ones to hold back in sharing that. So true to form, when we broke out the ingredients for these scrumptious No-Bake Wild Blueberry Balls, we couldn’t keep our excitement to ourselves! These little nuggets are healthy, yet taste so rich you’d never realize you’re loading your body with health boosting benefits from its’ ingredients—especially the Wild Blueberries!
Psst… looking for more delicious and waistline friendly treats? Please feel free to search this site! And here are a few to try…
Skinny Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Chocolate Drizzled Granola Balls
Microwave Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
We served these at our last holiday party and not only were they a hit, but they were a satisfying guilt-free treat that felt a lot lighter than the other holiday goodies.
What really sends this No-Bake Ball skyrocketing above and beyond the delicious (and nutritious) edge is the Wild Blueberries. Wild Blueberries have TWICE the antioxidants compared to regular blueberries! So don’t be fooled by their smaller size—they pack a powerful punch. They’re jammed-packed with a variety of natural phytochemicals such as anthocyanins which prevent or neutralize the damaging effects of free radicals so they keep your cells healthy! They truly are Mother Nature’s perfect berry; a superfruit.
But don’t be fooled into looking for Wild Blueberries in the produce section – 99% of the Wild Blueberry crop is frozen within 24 hours of harvest, locking in all that delicious flavor and nutrients. So head to the frozen fruit section of your local grocery store to find Wild Blueberries: just make sure the package says wild and then, keep them in your own freezer so you can add a huge nutrient and flavor boost to your dishes (and so you can make these No-Bake Balls whenever you crave them!)
- ½ Cup quick oats
- 2 Tbs almond butter
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons Wild Blueberries, fresh or frozen, thawed, juice drained
- 7 white chocolate chips, melted, for drizzling on top
- Place oats, almond butter, honey and coconut oil in a medium-sized bowl and stir until mixture is smooth and thoroughly combined. The mixture may be crumbly at first, but once you roll it into balls it will stick together.
- Once blueberries have thawed, (they can be cold, just not frozen) drain off the juice and delicately place them on a paper towel to rid the extra liquid. Add them to the oat mixture and stir in until they are combined.
- Using your hands press the mixture into a tablespoon. After you have measured the right amount, firmly form the mixture into a ball and then start to roll it in between your hands. The ball should be compact and tight. Once it is formed into a perfectly smooth ball, place it on a plate.
- Place in the refrigerator, this will allow the coconut oil to harden and for the ball to solidify. Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate either with double boiler or by placing in the microwave for a minute, and then again, if necessary, for 15 second intervals. Then drizzle on top of balls. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
The Nutrition Twins work with the Wild Blueberry Association of North America but were not compensated for this blog.
One response to “White Chocolate Drizzled Wild Blueberry Granola Balls (No-Bake!)”
This is the 2nd time I’ve made these and me and my husband love them. I don’t use the white chocolate and make a dbl batch. Delish 😋