Need a light snack or dessert that won’t weigh you down? Forget ice cream and layer fruit and yogurt for a satisfying and energizing sweet treat! The fruit will give your brain and muscles a boost with their high fiber, nutrient-rich carbohydrates and the protein from the yogurt will keep you feeling satisfied and make that energy last even longer!
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 (7-ounce) containers plain low-fat Greek yogurt (we use the nonfat version which cuts the fat and calories in the analysis below further)
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups orange sections
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- Combine orange rind and yogurt in a small bowl, stirring until blended.
- Spoon 1/4 cup blueberries into each of 4 tall glasses.
- Spoon about 2 1/2 tablespoons yogurt mixture over blueberries in each glass.
- Add 1/4 cup orange to each serving.
- Repeat layers with remaining blueberries, yogurt mixture, and orange.
- Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon wheat germ over each serving.
Nutrition Facts per serving: Makes 4 Servings Calories 172 Total Fat 3g Cholesterol 6mg Sodium 70mg Total Carbohydrate 32g Dietary Fiber 5g Sugars 23g Protein 8g Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 93% Calcium 22% Iron 5%
Adapted from: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/blueberry-orange-parfaits-10000001898513/
Photo: Randy Mayor; Stylist: Jan Gautro