Looking for an easy energy-boosting snack? Try Tamari Chickpeas! This crunchy snack is baked, not fried, so it’s light and delicious! They won’t weigh you down so they’ll keep your energy level high.
This snack is ideal—chick peas are one of the few foods that gives you fiber and protein together—perfect for a long lasting energy boost! Yum!
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons low sodium Tamari or soy sauce
- Rinse and dry chickpeas thoroughly.
- Toss with olive oil and Tamari or soy sauce and let marinate at room temperature 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and arrange chickpeas in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake about 60 minutes, or until chickpeas are crispy and starting to brown, shaking tray to turn the chickpeas a few times during the 60 minutes. Enjoy warm or cooled.
Makes 8 Servings
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 108 Total Fat 3g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 70mg Total Carbohydrate 16g Dietary Fiber 4g Sugars 3g Protein 5g Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 3% Iron 9%