- 2 medium russet potatoes
- ¼ c. chopped green onion
- 1 slice of turkey bacon, crumbled
- 1 c. low fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 c. non-fat pl ain Greek yogurt or low fat sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400o F and place baked potatoes in the oven for about 40-45 minutes.
- Once potatoes are soft, take them out of the oven and allow them to cool. Next cut each potato into 4 pieces (first in half lengthways, and then cut those halves in half width ways). Using a melon baller, scoop out the inside of the potato, leaving enough to line the skin of the potato. Then, cut each of those halves in half again so that each potato makes 8 potato skins.
- Once the potatoes have been sliced and scooped, lightly sprinkle a small amount of green onion on each potato skin. Next, place 1 T. of cheddar cheese on top of the green onion, making sure to cover the entire potato. Lastly, evenly sprinkle a small amount of crumbled turkey bacon on top of the cheese on each piece of potato. Place the potato skins on a baking sheet and put them in the oven for about 10 minutes on 375oF.
- After cheese has melted, take the potato skins out of the oven and allow them to cool. If you desire, you may top each potato skin with a few chopped green onions and a 1tsp. of low-fat sour cream or plain nonfat Greek yogurt. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Makes: 16 potato skins.
Serves: 4, Serving Size: 4 potato skins; Calories Per Serving: 131; Total Fat: 3g; Protein: 11g; Carbohydrate: 14g; Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 1g; Sodium: 300mg